Fifth Grade Summer Reading List
Required Reading Selections:
All students entering the fifth grade in September should read the following and write a total of 2 Book Reports:
- From the Mixed Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler…by E.L. Konigsburg
- Either: St. Thomas Aquinas: ISBN 0895554208 … by Mary Windeatt
or St. Rose of Lima: ISBN 0895554240 … by Mary Windeatt
- Novel of student’s choice
Reader’s Response Activities:
- During the summer months students should read From the Mixed Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler, then complete the Summer Reading Book Report. See the attached instructions.
- Based on their reading of Thomas Aquinas or St. Rose of Lima, students are asked to complete the Summer Reading Book Report with the instructions attached.
- Students should read a 3rd book of their choosing. This book should be a novel and on their reading level. Students will be asked to discuss and participate in class activities regarding the novel they read.